Sunday, March 28, 2010

Updated

I saw this sticker at the university; it says "health is not a business" and I felt it was cogent back in February when I took this picture. It's funny to see this in Spain, though, because they already have free, government-run healthcare (but not dental care).

One of the many pictures I took during our cooking class for Gastronomy of Spain. The two days of cooking class with the woman at center were excellent, we prepared 6 tapas each day. The class as a whole turned out to be pretty bad and we basically taught ourselves out of the book and watched youtube videos in class.

One of the protests I've seen on my own street, Maisonnave, which is kind of the shopping center of Alicante. This I believe was against the government either decreasing pensions or increasing retirement age for workers. The Corte Ingles in the background is a megastore all throughout Spain; think of it as a Best Buy, Borders, Vons, and Macy's all rolled into one.

Me at the top of the Castillo Santa Barbara, the better preserved of our two castles, with the port in the background.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments: